Join us as we finish the story of Christa McAuliffe and the Challenger Disaster.
In part 2, Hailee tells us how Christa won the Teacher in Space position out of thousands of applicants, how she trained for weeks and gives brief bios for the rest of the Challenger crew. We will also learn how this disaster very well could have been avoided.
What We’re Reading
- Verity by Colleen Hoover
- The Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan
- The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan
- The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood
- Watercress by Andrea Wang and Jason Chin
- A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Philip C & Erin E. Stead
If you are interested in any of the books we talk about on this episode, please consider using our affiliate link through Bookshop.org!
- The burning blue: the untold story of Christa McAuliffe and NASA’s Challenger disaster by Kevin Cook
- Truth, Lies, and O-Rings: Inside the Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster by Allan McDonald and James Hansen
- Bringing Columbia Home: The Untold Story of a Lost Space Shuttle and Her Crew by Michael D. Leinbach and Jonathan H. Ward.
- Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Sheterly
- How We Got to the Moon: the people, technology, and daring feats of science behind humanity’s greatest adventure by John Rocco
- We Dream of Space by Erin Entrada Kelly
- Planet Earth is Blue by Nicole Panteleakos